What Is Cloud Security?
Cloud security encompasses a set of strategies and practices employed to safeguard cloud environments, applications, and data. It is geared towards guaranteeing the preservation of confidentiality, integrity, availability, and privacy of information hosted within various cloud deployment models, including private, public, community, or hybrid clouds. Cloud security offers a multi-tiered framework of security controls within the cloud infrastructure, ensuring data protection and the continuity of business operations.
Why Is Cloud Security Important?
The ever-increasing use of cloud computing accentuates the critical need for robust cloud security. Data breaches and various forms of cyberattacks often result from inadequate security measures, complex controls, and misconfigurations. This underscores the essential role of cloud security in facilitating the effective functioning of cloud services.
Organizations adopting cloud technology must ensure that the security level of their cloud systems aligns with their specific requirements and complies with relevant laws and regulations.
Adhering to the guidelines of ISO/IEC 27017 aids both cloud service providers and customers in establishing, implementing, and maintaining information security controls specific to cloud services. ISO/IEC 27017 furnishes additional guidance for selecting information security controls applicable to cloud services based on risk assessments and other cloud-specific information security needs.
Furthermore, cloud service providers entrusted with processing personally identifiable information (PII) in the cloud can implement the guidelines outlined in ISO/IEC 27018 to meet the requirements of pertinent regulations and legislation pertaining to PII protection.
The Benefits of Cloud Security Certification
Attaining a PECB Cloud Security certificate validates that you possess:
- A comprehensive comprehension of cloud security concepts and principles.
- The ability to identify and evaluate cloud-specific vulnerabilities and threats.
- Practical knowledge enabling you to advise organizations on managing a cloud security program.
- Proficiency in the tools and best practices essential for transitioning to the cloud.
- Competence to respond to and recover from cloud security incidents.
- Skills necessary to maintain and enhance cloud security.
- The following findings result from a survey conducted with organizations that utilize cloud solutions: